Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Vegetable chops - Bengai style


Vegetable chop is a very famous snack of Bengali's. I have always fallen in love with the unique flavors of the mashed veggies with each crunch filled bite of this delicacy. The recipe and method is very straightforward with a few add-ons here and there. I love to play with masala's and taste!!!
1. Pressure cook 2 large potatoes, 1 large beat, 2 medium carrots. After cooling mash these and keep aside. 
2. In the kadhai roast 1/4 cup of split groundnuts and keep aside. 
3. Next fry some grated ginger, add the mashed veggies. Cook till required dryness. Add masala( bhaja masala or garam masala) and cook for another 3 mins. 
4. Next add the peanuts, 3 tbsp breadcrumbs, salt and sugar as per your taste. Mix and switch off the gas.
5.Cool the mix and make croquet's, roll once in breadcrumbs. You can shallow fry immediately or keep it refrigerated till use. Serve with chat masala. I haven't done a repeat breadcrumb coating, it was crunchy and yumm without a second coat too.



No comments:

Post a Comment