After marriage when I first came to the US with my husband.. I was totally speculative about cooking fish... I had never ever tried cooking fish/chicken before.... Had hands on experience with eggs though.....
So I ended up learning the cooking technique from my dear husband... Nothing actually.... Marinate the fish with turmeric & salt. Leave it for around 10 mins or so(or till the time you finish cutting the veggies- onions,potato,tomatoes,cilantro).... Fry the fish and the potatoes in a separate utensil till they are nearly cooked... Once done keep them aside for future use... While the fish was getting cooked, take a separate vessel. In it fry each of the masalas- ginger-garlic paste,panch phoron, jeera powder, garam masala and fish masala(if using) in vegetable oil. Fry the masalas step wise, so that the aroma of the different spices mix well in the preparation... Next add the chopped onions, fry them till oil starts separating. Mix the salt as well while frying. Next add any vegetables you want- I used cauliflower in mine. Fry them for some time. Add the tomatoes next and cook till the tomatoes get cooked, they become puree like along with the skin.... Next add the fried fish and potatoes... Add some water(little bit for avoiding the preparation from getting burnt) and the rest as per your gravy consistency requirement.... Cover the vessel and cook on low for around 10 minutes.
There Rui maacher jhol done....
So I ended up learning the cooking technique from my dear husband... Nothing actually.... Marinate the fish with turmeric & salt. Leave it for around 10 mins or so(or till the time you finish cutting the veggies- onions,potato,tomatoes,cilantro).... Fry the fish and the potatoes in a separate utensil till they are nearly cooked... Once done keep them aside for future use... While the fish was getting cooked, take a separate vessel. In it fry each of the masalas- ginger-garlic paste,panch phoron, jeera powder, garam masala and fish masala(if using) in vegetable oil. Fry the masalas step wise, so that the aroma of the different spices mix well in the preparation... Next add the chopped onions, fry them till oil starts separating. Mix the salt as well while frying. Next add any vegetables you want- I used cauliflower in mine. Fry them for some time. Add the tomatoes next and cook till the tomatoes get cooked, they become puree like along with the skin.... Next add the fried fish and potatoes... Add some water(little bit for avoiding the preparation from getting burnt) and the rest as per your gravy consistency requirement.... Cover the vessel and cook on low for around 10 minutes.
There Rui maacher jhol done....
No comments:
Post a Comment