I have a bad tendency of bying stuff and not using them and finally end up throwing them.... So to stop such activities I ended up looking for recipes on the web for leftovers....
Actually for this particular recipe I was looking for the recipe for actual malpua, but ended up trying with leftover bread.
I took 5-6 slices of bread, some semolina(sooji) and kept them in milk for around 15 minutes(milk used should depend on the consistency of the malpua mixture- semi solid).... After that, I mixed the three to have a semi solid dough. I also added a bit of sugar for a mild sweetness. While the above was being done, I made sugar syrup in separate container.
In a frying pan I fried the malpua pancakes(small uttappa sized cakes as required) till both sided were golden or till the pancakes swelled..... I then arranged these pancakes in a container and covered them with the sugar syrup. Cool the preparation and have as a desert after meal..... The pancakes alone also can be eaten when hot as a separate breakfast option....
Actually for this particular recipe I was looking for the recipe for actual malpua, but ended up trying with leftover bread.
I took 5-6 slices of bread, some semolina(sooji) and kept them in milk for around 15 minutes(milk used should depend on the consistency of the malpua mixture- semi solid).... After that, I mixed the three to have a semi solid dough. I also added a bit of sugar for a mild sweetness. While the above was being done, I made sugar syrup in separate container.
In a frying pan I fried the malpua pancakes(small uttappa sized cakes as required) till both sided were golden or till the pancakes swelled..... I then arranged these pancakes in a container and covered them with the sugar syrup. Cool the preparation and have as a desert after meal..... The pancakes alone also can be eaten when hot as a separate breakfast option....
No comments:
Post a Comment